- S. Thom
Could I Be Pregnant? Common Signs & Symptoms
Have you been feeling slightly off lately? Are you experiencing unusual symptoms that have you wondering, "Could I be pregnant?"
Early pregnancy signs can be perplexing and daunting, especially if it wasn't something you planned. Regardless of whether you're excited or anxious about the possibility of motherhood, it's really important to recognize your body's changes to make well-informed decisions regarding your health.
First step is crucial… take a long, deep breath!
Next, let's examine some early, common signs & symptoms of pregnancy:
1. Missed or Late period: This is typically the first and most noticeable sign. If you've been monitoring your menstrual cycle and realized you should have had it by now, it might be an indication that you’re pregnant.
2. Stomach sickness: Commonly referred to as "morning sickness," this symptom affects an estimated 75% of women during their first trimester. The intensity can vary from mild discomfort to feeling extremely ill. If you're suddenly experiencing bouts of stomach aches, nausea, or vomiting, it could be a sign you’re expecting.
3. Fatigue: Are you feeling more exhausted than usual? Sluggish? Lethargic? Like you’re dragging your feet just to get your normal tasks done? Hormonal changes during pregnancy can siphon your energy levels.
4. Breast changes: Are your breasts feeling sensitive, swollen, or even painful? This symptom can happen as soon as a week after conception.
5. Increased urination: Do you have the urge to pee every 5 minutes? If you find yourself looking at the walls of your restroom a lot more than usual, it could be due to the increased blood flow to your bladder and kidneys during pregnancy.
6. Mood fluctuation: Pregnancy hormones can cause your emotions to go up and down, back and forth, upside down, downside up - leaving you feel like you’re trapped on a rollercoaster of emotions. From irritable to happy, from weepy to fits of laughter, sudden mood swings are a symptom that you (and maybe even people close to you) might recognize immediately.
In conclusion, if you're experiencing any of these symptoms, it's essential to take a pregnancy test to confirm your suspicions. You can get tests from a store near you or visit a clinic like Image Clear Ultrasound - Birmingham, where we offer complimentary pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, referrals, resources, and options. We believe that the best decision is an informed decision!
No matter what you’re feeling about the prospects of expecting, please know that there are people, resources, and help out there to support you on your journey.
So, take another deep, lungful of air, and remember that you're not alone.
You can do this!